Saturday, August 28, 2010

My first "impressive" success

So today I decided I wanted to try something that scared me.  And that something was a "fancy-pants", foreign ingredient, real recipe.  After many google adventures, I found the one I wanted to try.  Curried Chicken with a Apricot Lemon Glaze.  The fact that it used curry was enough to terrify me.  After all, weren't dishes involving curry all really complicated and intimidating?  Anyways, today when I was stuck at Walmart waiting for my tires to be rotated and balanced on my car,  I did the shopping necessary, and bought all the ingredients I'd need.

The entire afternoon, all I could do was sit impatiently, waiting for the clock to hit 5:00 so I could start cooking.  The moment 5:00 flashed on my cellphone clock, I rushed into the kitchen and got my chicken out (thanks, Mom, for all the frozen chicken!).

Rubbed chicken with curry powder, salt, and pepper?  Check.
Cook chicken in skillet until perfect?  Check check!
Cook apricot lemon sauce?  Oh yeah.
Finish assembly?  Inhale the moment it hits the plate.

And OH MAN was it good.  I had no idea how amazing curry was!  I think that is definitely my new favorite spice!

Anyways, here are pictures!

I think this one shows the sauce well.  It was so cool!  The sauce was runny but once it hit the plate, it turned thick!


And the close up.  I thought the grated lemon rind on top wouldn't taste good or be edible, but it was.

Anyways, next time I plan on trying something even more "impressive" (aka difficult, lots of strange ingredients, and time consuming).

No comments:

Post a Comment