Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Weekend Full of Cooking

Which one would you rather have?  Sketchy second batch (left) or beautiful first batch (right)?

So today I made a little progress on my list of things to cook this weekend.  I made two trial batches of the homemade chocolate fudge sauce.  The first (and more successful batch) had a little more water in it.  The second, scary, gross batch had less.  The recipe called for 1/4 cup of water or enough to make it stir well so I did that with the first batch.  It seemed a little too runny for me.  So, with the second batch, I did a little less than that.  The result?  Thick, fudgy like sauce.  I thought it was the correct batch.  Well, after checking on it after having it in the fridge for a while, the butter had separated and formed a gross layer on top of the sauce.  So, I think it's safe to say I will stick to using the full 1/4 cup of water.

Next up:  Lemon Square Bars

First step: mix flour, sugar, and butter to make bottom layer.
Second step: mix eggs, sugar, flour, and lemon juice


Lemon squares in the oven, ready to go!
Lemon squares out of the oven...not so pretty
Finished product...not so scary looking anymore!

I think next time, I will put more lemon and lemon zest.  They don't taste very...lemony.  

Well, until tonight (I'm sure I will do a little more cooking tonight before I go out)!  Keep on cookin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment