Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Weekend

So, as abnormal as this is for me, I'm actually looking forward to a weekend in Jackson as opposed to home in Memphis.  I have a lot of cooking that I want to get done and having a weekend to myself gives me that opportunity.  Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE going home.  I am a huge "homebody" and I love nothing more than spending time with my family.  In fact, my mom is coming up to Jackson tomorrow to take me out to lunch (which is why I made that strawberry pie-for her).  


But this weekend, I need to recharge, relax, and cook.  On my (hopeful) plate for this weekend:


1) Successfully make an omlet (without burning it this time)
2) Lemon squares
3) My own version of the Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich
4) Chicken Piccata
5) Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries
6) Chicken Parmesan
7) BLT Pie
8) Chicken and Dumplings
9) Homemade Chocolate Fudge Sauce
10) Lime and Chili Rubbed Chicken


Now, I realize I won't be able to make ALL of the above recipes, but I hope to make a huge dent in my wish list of recipes to try my hand at!  I have a BUNCH of pudding mixes I want to incorporate into recipes.  Any one out there with tips or suggestions?


Now, for my relax list:


1) Vaccuum carpet (new carpet in the apartment means lots of those nasty little balls of carpet that form and get stuck everywhere)
2) Watch 2 movies
3) Go see Eat Pray Love
4) Eat at Sakura
5) Hang out with the roommate


See?  I love to-do lists.  And I love crossing things off of them even more.


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment